The SAC Endowed Book Fund was established in 2001 and provides financial assistance toward the purchase of books or supplies for University of Pittsburgh undergraduate students whose parent or guardian is a staff member at Pitt. Recipients must be a University of Pittsburgh undergraduate student whose parent or guardian is a Pitt staff member. Awards are granted each academic year. The recipients are presented with their Award at the Staff Recognition Ceremony.
These scholarships are made possible by donations from Pitt staff members. Please consider donating to the SAC Endowed Book Fund electronically or via payroll deduction. Every single dollar goes to rewarding the hard work of children of Pitt staff members. You can have the donation withdrawn directly from your pay and donations are tax deductible! You can contact Institutional Advancement directly for questions on how to donate.
Thank you for your consideration and generosity!
Please feel free to contact the Staff Association Council at 412-624-4236 with any questions.
SAC honored this year’s book award recipients December 15 at the annual staff recognition ceremony and reception. Gathered here are the scholarship winners, Chancellor Patrick Gallagher, and SAC Officers.
Awarded $500 from the SAC Book Fund, which offers money to the children of Pitt staff each year, are:
· Hannah Devlin, child of Mary Elaine Devlin in the Department of Medicine;
· Emily Kieffer , child of Lori Kieffer in the Department of Epidemiology;
· Jacey Hunter, child of Lisa Hunter in the Johnstown Office of the Registrar;
· Andrew Stefanick, child of Mary Carrubba Stefanick in the Department of Critical Care Medicine, and
· Jennifer Ruminski, child of Lynn Ruminski in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
· Piper Dizak, child of Elaine Dizak in the Department of Oral Biology, received the Nordenberg Education Award of $750 in honor of Chancellor Emeritus Mark A. Nordenberg’s service to the University. This was a one-time award of funds collected from current Staff Association Council members.
In 2013, the Staff Association Council awarded five $500 scholarships to children of Pitt staff members. Your contribution to the Book Fund helps make these scholarships possible.