The External Relations committee is essentially Staff Council's public relations manager. External Relations is responsible for planning many of the events sponsored by Staff Council. These include:
- Brown Bag Seminar Series
- Pitt Day at Kennywood
- Food Drives
- Behind the scenes tour of Soldiers & Sailors Memorial
- Volunteer Events - United Way Day of Caring, Christmas Day at Pitt
This committee also spreads the word around campus about staff events and discounts. Some of those include the following:
- Stories in the UPSC Monthly Newsletter
- Promotion of Pitt Police's Active Shooter Training (more details on our promotional slide)
- Communication about Staff Council's semi-annual assemblies
- Maintain social media. Follow us on Twitter @StaffCouncilPitt!
External Relations is also pursuing Pitt staff discounts at various Pittsburgh museums and landmarks. Stay tuned for details!